Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Volvo Penta
- Model: MD2040
- Drive Type: Direct
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 40hp
- Type: Inboard
- Propeller Type: 3 Blade, Bronze, Folding
Owners version offering up to seven berths with two double cabins outside of the saloon, with 6' 3" headroom and teak fit out.
FORECABIN - Fitted with large double berth, vanity unit with stainless steel basin and lockers to port, shelving both sides and locker to starboard. Opening deck hatch with blind.
SALOON - The spacious saloon has a settee berth to port and C-shaped dining area (with table extension) which can convert to another double berth to starboard (berth conversion kit included). Excellent storage and full standing headroom throughout with two portlights (factory fitted option), side windows and a large opening hatch providing ample light and ventilation.
GALLEY - L-shaped galley aft to starboard equipped with an ENO 2-burner gas cooker with oven, large top loading fridge with ice box (new compressor 2014), twin stainless steel sinks, excellent storage, waste bin, lockers and cutlery drawer. Cutlery, crockery and assorted cooking utensils included.
CHART TABLE - Aft to port with navigation equipment, electrical distribution panel, heater controls, chart stowage and large hanging locker aft of navigators seat.
HEADS - Spacious compartment featuring a separate large shower area with electric pump out and acrylic shower door, electric marine toilet with holding tank, stainless steel basin, mirror, wet hanging locker and lots of storage. Two opening portlights and heater outlet.
AFT CABIN - Offering a second large double berth, hanging locker and opening port to the cockpit.
GENERAL EQUIPMENT - Pressurised hot and cold fresh water system (new pump 2017) throughout via calorifier with immersion coil. Eberspacher diesel fired warm air heating system with 4 outlets. Genuine Jeanneau supplied later spec plastic 50 litre holding tank with deck and overboard discharge (new 2011). Upgraded battery installation to allow safe running of fridge to provide ice away from shorepower. Royal Baltic blue upholstery with teak and holly soleboards and curtains or blinds throughout. JVC stereo CD/radio system with speakers and masthead TV aerial with booster installed ready for TV if desired.
Located under companionway in vented and soundproofed compartment, upgraded Volvo Penta MD2040 3-cylinder 40hp diesel engine. Fresh water cooled. Single lever engine controls with electric start. Shaft drive with rope cutter (new 2009) to Volvo Penta 3-bladed folding propeller.
The engine has been regularly professionally serviced, last done in June 2017 including replacement cutless bearing, hull and shaft anodes.
5 x 12V batteries in two banks charging via engine alternator. Shorepower system with ringmains, battery charger and immersion coil for water heating. Galvanic isolator. Electrical distribution panel. Full cabin lighting upgraded to LED lamps (all new 2017).
Masthead bermudan sloop rig. Silver anodised aluminium mast and boom by Francespar. Double spreader rig. Spinnaker deck fittings, running rigging and pole. Stainless steel standing rigging. Terylene running rigging led aft to cockpit including mainsail reefing. Single line slab reefing to mainsail with lazyjacks (new 2016) and zipped mainsail cover (new 2014). Facnor headsail furling system. 2 x Harken 44 self-tailing sheet winches. 2 x Harken 32 self-tailing halyard winches.
- Slab reefing mainsail - Quantum UK - 2010 - good
- Furling Genoa - Quantum UK - 2010 - good
- Spinnaker - 2010 - good
- CQR anchor with chain and warp
- Electric anchor windlass with warping drum
- Two anchor rollers, one self stowing
- Stainless steel pulpit, pushpits, stanchions and guardwires
- Stainless steel swimming/boarding ladder
- Navy Sunbrella sprayhood, cockpit enclosure and named cockpit dodgers (all new 2009)
- Navy Sunbrella mainsail cover (new 2014) with lazyjacks (new 2016)
- Leather bound wheel and blue binnacle cover
- Winter PVC cockpit tonneau cover
- Cockpit table with drinks holders
- Folding trolley, diesel fuel can and funnel
- Midship cleats
- Transom shower
- Winch handles
- Telescopic boat hook
- Assorted mooring warps
- 10 x Fenders
- Binnacle mounted compass
- Raymarine Ray55E DSC VHF radio (new 2008) with cockpit command mic
- Raytheon ST60 Tridata combined echo sounder and speed/log
- Raytheon ST60 wind instrument
- Raytheon ST60 Tridata repeater at chart table
- Raymarine C80 colour GPS chart plotter (new 2008) with radar overlay
- Raymarine RC420 GPS chart plotter at chart table
- Raymarine autopilot
- Furuno Navtex NX300D at chart table (new 2008)
- JVC stereo CD/radio with MP3 and speakers (new 2008)
- Masthead TV aerial with booster
- Navigation lights
- Horseshoe lifebuoy
- Throwing line and sling
- Cockpit harness eyes
- Mast mounted radar reflector
- Liferaft (requires servicing)
- 5 x Automatic lifejackets (require servicing)
- Emergency tiller
- Manual and electric bilge pumps
- Lodestar lightweight inflatable dinghy with Johnson 2-stroke lightweight outboard and spare fuel can
Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 37 built by Jeanneau, France in 2000 and first launched in November 2000. White GRP hull with style stripes, superstructure and decks with moulded non-slip surfaces. Alloy toe rails. Cast iron shallow fin keel with bulb. Wheel steering to balanced spade rudder. Large sugar scoop transom with fold down helm seat for easy access and teak laid bathing platform. Self draining aft cockpit with teak laid seats. Teak grab rails.
4 Play is offered for sale in ready to enjoy condition, superbly presented and clearly very well cared for.
The company normally acts as brokers for the vendor who unless otherwise stated is not selling in the course of a business. Whilst every care has been taken in the preparation of these particulars the correctness is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only and do not constitute a part of any contract. A prospective buyer is strongly advised to check these particulars and where appropriate and at his own expense to employ a qualified marine surveyor to carry out a survey and/or to have an engine trial conducted which if conducted by us shall not imply any liability on our part.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferaft, fire extinguishers and flares etc., are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on board as part of the sale of a used vessel, may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owner’s specific needs.