Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Perkins
- Model: 4.236
- Drive Type: Direct
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 90hp
- Type: Inboard
- Engine Location: Center
Accommodations include 6 berths in 3 cabins. There is full standing headroom and good ventilation throughout. In the forepeak: A large traditional V berth with plenty of storage below, a large vanity mirror and floor space. Large opening deck hatch and dorade above. Moving aft, Starboard forward cabin with double bed, large mirror and lockers. The forward head is located on the port side with wash basin and Corian counter top, pressurized hot and cold water and shower. Moving aft is the airy saloon with seating (saloon cushions 2010) and teak table to starboard (folds in half to create a coffee table and more space) with teak bookshelves above and stowage below. To port lies the Nav station and seat with teak shelves, lockers and drawers. Followed by a drinks cabinet and extensive L shaped galley along the port side. Galley with Corian counter tops, Force Ten gimballed three burner cooker/oven, deep s/s double sinks with fresh & sea water electric and manual pumps, electric oven (2013), Isotherm 12 Volt Fridge/Freezer with Danforth compressor (2011). Plenty of storage lockers & cabinets. * Aft is the very spacious aft cabin accented with beautiful teak and lots of mirrors giving it an even larger appearance. Large king size bed with cozy seat to starboard. Vanity dresser with mirror and seat, and plenty of lockers and storage. Access to en-suite heads on starboard side with Corian counter tops and wash basin, shower pressurised hot and cold water and linen locker. Continuing forward into the generator room with insulated door, storage shelves and access to engine room.
* A selection of cutlery & crockery will be left on board, as will bedding and towels. Three stainless steel tanks provide a 900L water capacity.
Located centrally aft of the saloon is the Perkins 4.236 90hp diesel engine with 3.1 reduction gearbox. New aft mounts installed 2018. New gaskets and general service and maintenance performed 2018. Well insulated. Two stainless steel fuel tanks providing 850L fuel capacity. Extensive service history and spares included.
Also located in the engine room is the Fisher Panda 6.5KW generator - New 2010 - well maintained and in excellent working order.
- 3 x 8D's 240 Amp hrs each house batteries
- 12 volt Engine & Generator starter battery
- 12 volt Windless battery
- 220 volt shore power system
- 2 x 160 watt Solar Panel (2010)
- Superwind Wind Generator (2010)
- 2500 watt Inverter/charger
- 220 volt/ 12 volt Battery charger
- Nasa Battery monitor
Masthead cutter rigged sloop with anodized aluminium mast and boom. Standing rigging replaced (2012/13). Slab reefing main, furling headsail system.
7 x Lewmar ST40 self-tailing sheet winches for main sheet, back stays, genoa halyard & mast reefing, cockpit reefing & genoa furling line.
2 x Lewmar ST65 self-tailing genoa sheet winches,
1 x Lewmar ST43 main halyard.
- Mainsail – Doyle -New 2018
- Furling genoa - 2011
- Hank on Staysail 2003
- Hank on Storm Jib
- 75lb CQR anchor with 70m 3/8ths galvanised chain new 2018 and warp
- 65lbs Folding Hereschoff/Fisherman anchor with approx 80 chain to rope
- Extra chain 20m & 15m
- Maxwell 2200. 12 volt windlass - (new motor 2016)
- Stainless steel pulpit, pushpit, stanchions and guard wires
- Blue sprayhood, bimini, mainsail cover (2011)
- Lazy Jacks (2012)
- Side & aft panels/curtains for bimini - fawn colour
- Pedestal cover
- Cockpit cushions
- Sunbrella hatch covers for most the hatches
- Teak cockpit table
- Teak cockpit stern 1/4 seats
- Boarding ladder
- Various warps and fenders
- Boat hooks
- Dinghy Davits
- Ray Marine C120 Chartplotter
- Nexus echo sounder, speed log, wind (not working) instruments
- New NASA thru- hull echo sounder
- Autohelm 7000 autopilot
- Uniden Polaris VHF radio
- ICOM GP 360ML - Not working
- SSB/ham ICOM IC 725 - disconnected
- Steering Compass
- Clock & Barometer
- Navigation lights
- Radio/CD player
- 2 x fire extinguishers
- Avon 6 person life raft (expired 2014)
- EPIRB Litton - with float ring
- Radar reflector
- 2 x Horse life ring
- Manual bilge pump
- Electric bilge pump 3500g capacity
- Various flares & pistol launcher (2012)
- Various lifejackets and harnesses
- Sundry spares and manuals for all equipment
- AB Aluminium Dinghy 8’6” (2012)
- 5 HP Tohatus outboard
- 2 x Propane Tanks (in outside locker)
Built in 1990 by Ta Yang Boat building, Taiwan. Darling Blue has a hand laid fibreglass hull. One piece cast iron ballast encapsulated. The mast is keel stepped. The topsides have new white gel coat and the hull was epoxy painted and antifouled at the last refit in 2018
Displacing around 20  tons she is steady at anchor and has an easy motion at sea. She is the best she has ever been now. Sailing so well, motoring nicely. After a day on the water, or weeks crossing oceans, or several hours spent on watch at the helm in the comfortable and safe cockpit, the warm traditional interior makes “Darling Blue” a comfortable cruising home.
Darling Blue has a British ‘Blue book’ Part.1 registration in Gibraltar and there are no known outstanding encumbrances.
The company normally acts as brokers for the vendor who unless otherwise stated, is not selling in the course of a business. Whilst every care has been taken in the preparation of these particulars the correctness is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only and do not constitute a part of any contract. A prospective buyer is strongly advised to check these particulars and where appropriate and at his own expense to employ a qualified marine surveyor to carry out a survey and/or to have an engine trial conducted which if conducted by us shall not imply any liability on our part.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferaft, fire extinguishers and flares etc., are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on board as part of the sale of a used vessel, may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owner’s specific needs.