Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Yanmar
- Model: 4JH4-HTE
- Drive Type: Direct
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 110hp
- Type: Inboard
- Propeller Type: 3 Blade, Folding
- Year: 2009
- Engine Hours: 800
This Sun Odyssey 50DS offers three double cabins outside the saloon (owners cabin forward) with two heads compartments. Standing headroom through out.
FORECABIN: Double berth with storage under. Deep cabinet with hanging lockers and shelves. Dressing table with large wardrobe to port. En suite heads compartment with Jabsco electric marine toilet with holding tank. Stainless steel wash basin with shower. Electric shower pump out.
SALOON: U-shaped settee to starboard round fixed saloon table. Upper storage cabinets. Bench seating to port with storage locker forward and ceiling handrail. Forward facing chart table to port with storage and laptop space. Two plastic storage bins under floor.
GALLEY: L-shaped galley aft to starboard with double stainless steel sinks and mixer tap. Large 12v top and front loading fridge. Separate top loading freezer compartment with 'keel cooled' compressor. Gimballed Eno three burner gas cooker with grill and oven. 220v microwave.
HEADS: Heads compartment to port with stainless steel wash basin and shower. Electric shower pump out. Jabsco electric marine toilet and holding tank. Aft heads is accessible from both port aft cabin and saloon.
AFT CABINS: Two aft double cabins with hanging lockers.
Cream leatherette upholstery in saloon. Scatter cushions. Premium mattresses to sleeping cabins. Shades and screens for hatches and ports. All berths with fitted sheets and linen. Crockery, cutlery, utensils, pots and pans included.
Hot and cold pressurised fresh water system to galley sink, wash basins and showers. Hot water from 40 litre calorifier heated by engine and immersion heater.
Laminate flooring throughout. Flush mounted LED ceiling lights. Leather wrapped LED reading lights to sleeping cabins and chart table. Task lighting to heads and galley.
Yanmar 4JH4-HTE, four cylinder, 110hp marine diesel engine located under companionway in vented and soundproofed compartment. Fresh water cooled via heat exchanger. Shaft drive via P-bracket to Gori folding three blade propeller. Rope cutter to shaft. Extra high capacity fuel/water separator. Single lever engine controls and engine instrumentation at port helm. Engine serviced every 50 hours with new filters and oil. Gear box serviced annually. Total engine hours approximately 800.
MaxPower 12v twin propeller bow thruster with push button control at port helm.
Onan 6kw diesel generator located under cockpit floor providing 220v to shore power systems (charger, immersion, ring main). Exhaust water/air separator. Generator serviced every 50 hours including new filters and oil. Generator hours approximately 300.
Four 12v domestic batteries plus dedicated engine start battery, all new 2017. Charging via 80 amp engine alternator and 220v/60amp battery charger. 220v shore power system with ring main and immersion heater. 220v and 12v outlets to all cabins.
Two batteries for bow thruster which can be linked to domestic batteries if required.
Two 60 watt military grade flexible solar panels zipped to bimini.
220v reverse cycle air conditioning system ducted to all cabins.
Fractional bermudan sloop rig. Silver anodised aluminium mast and boom. Stainless steel standing rigging (new 2017). Terylene running rigging all led aft to cockpit. In-mast mainsail furling to mainsail and Facnor headsail furling system. Rigid kicker. Two Harken self tailing primary winches. Electric Harken self tailing halyard/furling winch on port coachroof. Harken self tailing winch on starboard coachroof. Harken genoa tracks and mainsheet traveller. Spinlock jammers. Removable inner forestay with halyard. Spinnaker halyard.
- In-mast furling mainsail
- Furling genoa with UV strip
- Furling genoa with UV strip - new 2018 (unused)
- 32kg Bruce anchor with 100m of 10mm chain
- Lewmar electric anchor windlass with remote control/chain counter in cockpit
- 25kg Bruce kedge anchor with 20m of 10mm chain
- Emergency tiller
- Hydraulic extending passarelle
- Bimini with solar panels zipped to top
- Mats and cushions for saloon and cockpit
- Hatch, wheel, window and winch covers
- Wood cockpit table with cover
- Transom boarding ladder
- Storage tarpaulins
- Electric BBQ
- 2 x Plastimo binnacle mounted compasses
- Icom IC-M411 DSC VHF radio
- Hand held VHF radio
- Raymarine ST70 instrument system with speed, depth, wind transducers: two heads at starboard helm, one head at port helm
- Raymarine ST6002 autopilot at port helm
- Raymarine E80 chart plotter located under cockpit table
- Bow/stern, steaming and anchor navigation lights
- Deck flood light
- Stereo entertainment system with saloon and cockpit speakers
- 2 x 24" 12v TV's with DVD players plus 34" TV in saloon
- Plastimo eight person valise liferaft (requires servicing)
- 406 EPIRB
- Horseshoe lifebuoy and floating light
- 6 x inflatable lifejackets plus 10 x standard lifejackets
- Fire blanket
- 8 x 1kg fire extinguishers
- 6kg fire extinguisher
- Manual and electric bilge pumps
- Sea anchor (boxed and unused with DVD)
- 2.4m and 3.2m inflatable dinghies
- Yamaha 2.5hp outboard
- 80w winterising solar panel to trickle charge batteries over winter
- Mediterranean charts, pilot books, courtesy flags
- 2 x bosuns chairs
- 2 x binoculars
- Extensive spares including electrical fittings, adapters, splicing equipment, oils, grease, Jabsco toilet pump and macerator, non-return valves, etc.
- 2 x XL wet weather sets (jackets and trousers) plus assorted other wet weather jackets
- Various safety lines and harnesses
- Electric kettle and toaster
- New bagless vacuum cleaner
- Electric and manual oil suction pumps
- 6 x 25 litre and 2 x 20 litre spare fuel tanks and electric fuel transfer pump
- Iron and ironing board
- Water filter purification system for filling tanks
Sun Odyssey 50DS built by Jeanneau in 2009. White GRP hull with dark blue style stripes. White GRP coachroof with moulded non slip decks. Cast iron standard fin fin keel. Twin leather covered wheels. Spade hung rudder. Self draining cockpit and anchor well. Wood side decks, cockpit floor and seats and transom steps. Louvered wooden doors to companionway. Large cockpit and lazarette lockers. Liferaft locker. Washboard storage. Gas locker for twin bottles. Stainless steel pulpit and pushpit. Stainless steel coachroof grab rails. Bow, stern and midship cleats with open fairleads. Gates in lifelines. Re-antifouled and new anodes 2017.
The company normally acts as broker for the vendor who unless otherwise stated is not selling in the course of a business. Whilst every care has been taken in the preparation of these particulars the correctness is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. These particulars do not constitute a part of any contract unless otherwise stated in writing or included with a purchase contract. A prospective buyer is strongly advised to check these particulars and where appropriate and at his own expense to employ a qualified marine surveyor to carry out a survey and/or to have an engine trial conducted which if conducted by us shall not imply any liability on our part.
General Notes: Any speed and fuel consumption figures stated are indicative. There are a number of factors that can influence engine and boat performance including, but not exclusively, the condition of the hull, age and condition of the engine, number of people on board, amount of fuel, water, equipment and provisions being carried. Figures stated can only be used as a guide and do not form any part of the contract. Any safety equipment such as life raft, fire extinguishers, flares etc., if being left on-board as part of the sale, may require routine service, replacement, disposal or change to suit the new owners requirements.